Tuesday 16 January 2018

Huda Beauty Vs Estēe Lauder

Where do I begin?! I did nothing different than what I usually do for my foundation routine. First of all, I like to use a brush for my foundation annnd right off the bat the Faux Filter Foundation doesn't work well with a brush so I bought a sponge to use the next time. Now, I know this might be unusual but I also don't use a primer. I wanted to do a straight and narrow comparison between these two foundations and I don't use a primer for my Double Wear and it usually sits fine on my skin. Anyway, I get to work and I find that my foundation has sunk into my smile lines and the fine lines under my eyes (from years of tugging to put on far too much eyeliner...oh Jenna...) so basically I looked as though I had aged another 20 years! At this point I was a bit miffed because I work under a lot of bright lights which brings out any imperfections in your skin so my lines were SO emphasised. So, on my break I buy powder and a brush to try and fix my face and at first it did help but only for a few hours and by this point the foundation on the tip of my nose was completely gone and my forehead was all separating! If it wasn't for the wee tester of the YSL All Hours Foundation in my bag I think I might have lost my mind and she looked beautiful and smooth so I think I might give her a proper chance! (Yes, I call them hers!)
In comparison to the Faux Filter Foundation, my Double Wear doesn't need a primer and it dries down to a matte finish and it's like cement, it will stay on your skin until  YOU choose to move it! It also doesn't sit in all my fine lines or need set with a powder. For me, it's the case of forking out money for a primer to try and make a foundation work for me or just use my Double Wear which doesn't need anything but a brush/ sponge and already works perfectly. Of course this is just my opinion, I know that the Faux Filter Foundation is raved about and I was excited to use it too trust me! But now I have to go and apologise to my Double Wear Foundation for my infidelity....
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty Lil Missy
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig