Sunday 11 March 2018

Primark Foundation Dupe For Double Wear...WHAT?!

I forever go on about the Double Wear Foundation by Estēe Lauder and how amazing it is but Primark have brought out their own version called My Perfect Colour that does the same as the Double Wear for only £5! Excuse me Primark but erm you've kinda just turned my makeup routine upside down and you freaking RUDE with your perfect self! It's actually kinda funny how much of a copy the Primark one is to the Double Wear. For example the bottles are the same shape and size, both don't come with a pump but Estēe brought out a pump for theres thankfully and both say the same things on the bottles such as double wear or double coverage and I think Primark is trying to throw shade at Estēe by making theres 32ml when the Double Wear is 30ml and the Primark one has SPF 15 and Double Wear has SPF 10...hmm. Anyway let me break down all the things the Double Wear does for £32.50 that the Primark Foundation does for a fiver...still shook...
So, first things first, the Double Wear is VERY full coverage (duh).  It's quite liquid-y in formula but it masks imperfections like they're nothing and it's buildable without looking cake-y. The Primark one is full coverage as well like honestly when I first started playing around with the Primark foundation I actually had to stop and think about which one I was actually using because they were both soo similar it was scary. At one point I actually got annoyed because I was like how dare they do this to me! I just spent £32 on the Double Wear and they make this foundation and only charge £5 for it! I think I lost my mind whilst doing my makeup that day honestly.
One of the things I live for in the Double Wear is that it sets by itself and I don't need to set it with powder but I have dry skin sometimes and powders just make me look cake-y in my opinion so if I can go without with a foundation I bloody well will! Of course if you have oiler skin I would recommend setting foundations with powder just to give it that extra hold! But it made me super nervous to go without powder with the Primark one as I didn't really know how it would dry down and if it would affect the longevity of the foundation but guys there is no fear to be had as it literally just dries down to a matte finish! The only difference is the Double Wear FEELS touch-ably dry and smooth like there was powder over top and the Primark one still feels a tad like a smidgeon tacky but it still stays put all day like I have worn this foundation everyday this week. I've worn it to work and it looked beautiful under the bright lights and I still love it the same as when I first tried it! To top it off 3 of the girls I work with have tried it and are smitten with it!
The only downside to the Primark Foundation is the shade range but having said that they have just come out with it so who knows what they're thinking right now, they may bring out more shades! One of the girls I work with asked a good question of whether or not this foundation will make you breakout since each foundation is different and works differently to each persons unique skin so it will be interesting to know how it works with mine but as of right now after wearing the Primark foundation for nearly a week I have had no issues. My skin doesn't feel dry after wearing it and I will have to see if I get any breakouts and I will be sure to keep you notified if any problems arise. But if you're on a budget like I am or are just genuinely curious and you want a good full coverage foundation then definitely check this one out it's BOMB!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty Lil Missy
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig